Cannes Film Festival 2013: Let the show begin!
It's time to garner all the glitz and glam you can muster as the 66th annual Cannes Film Festival kicks off today. Can you tell we're excited?!
With only a few hours to go until the Opening Ceremony, the A Listers have already begun to arrive in the south of France, with The Great Gatsby stars Carey Mulligan and the gorgeous Leonardo DiCaprio leading the way with a photocall this afternoon. Carey wore a super chic Balenciaga by Alexander Wang jumpsuit and Saint Laurent heels as she smiled for the press alongside a dashing Leo, Baz and Isla Fisher, who opted for a pretty white Dolce & Gabbana prom dress.
Before I lose myself in a Cannes cloud, here are just a few things we're looking forward to over the next week:
1. Baz Luhrmann's highly anticipated movie will officially open the festival gala this evening, but that's not all - the screening of The Great Gatsby is rumoured to be followed by a decadent party including over a thousand extras, 40 Prada dresses, 288,000 crystals and of course, a very special VIP area for the film's stars...talk about setting a precedent!
2. I can't wait to see what fashion royalty Diane Kruger wears this year. Is it possible for her to top last years efforts? Only time will tell.
3. Speaking of royalty, Queen Bey could find herself in hot water with her fans if she walks the red carpet with her husband Jay-Z this evening. Beyonce was supposed to be perform in Belgium tonight but pulled out due to 'dehydration', sparking rumours that the singer could be pregnant with her second child.
4. Our favourite British child star turned model/student/budding fashionista, Emma Watson will be working the red carpet as she attends the screening for her upcoming movie, The Bling Ring by Sofia Coppola. Will she flash as much flesh as she did at the MET Gala?
5. Ryan Gosling is expected to grace France with his beautiful face to showcase his latest film, Only God Forgives. Yum.
We'll be here all week with plenty of premiere galleries, photocall images and more gossip and dresses than you can shake a cocktail at - don't forget to check back daily for all the latest from the Cannes!