Taylor Swift wows at ACM Awards, Graduate Fashion Week schedule announced
It's another new week which means another mega round-up of what's been going on over the past couple of days:
1. There's no point denying it. All the glitters is pretty much gold for Taylor Swift right now. And speaking of gold, the songbird knocked it out of the park last night at the ACM Awards in a stunning metal Dolce & Gabbana dress. The spangly, intricate creation was partially backless with a silver built-in bra. Her sleek straight ponytail and heavy fringe finished off her banging red carpet look. Hot daymn! [Daily Mail]
2. Fashion designer Lily Pulitzer has sadly passed away aged 81. The socialite-turned-designer made a splash in the Sixties with her tropical print dresses. Rest in Peace. [Telegraph]
3. The Graduate Fashion Week 2013 schedule has been announced. The new format includes a Best of GFW show, followed by a shorter Gala Awards show. Check out the schedule and buy tickets here.
4. Beyonce has been named honorary chairperson of the 2013 Met Ball. She will join Anna Wintour, and co-chairs Riccardo Tisci and Rooney Mara at this year's Costume Institute Gala, which pays tribute to the Punk movement. This year's exhibition is called Punk: Chaos to Couture. Sounds mayjah. [Vogue UK]
5. Halle Berry is expecting her first child with fiancé, Olivier Martinez. While few other details have been released, some gossip sites are saying the actress is three months pregnant and expecting a boy. Halle already has a four-year-old daughter, Nahla, with her ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry. Strangely enough new beau and old beau came to fisticuffs last Thanksgiving. Let's hope they make nice-nice for the sake of their kiddies. [Marie Claire UK]
6. And finally, Carine Roitfeld has photographed Kate Upton for US Harpers Bazaar. And it seems throwing the model in with some baby animals, like she did for the début issue of CR Fashion Book was her vision for the shoot. Hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Right? [NY Mag]