Beyonce covers Amy Winehouse for 'Gatsby,' plus the Duchess dons tartan in Glasgow
There is a lot going on in fashion at the moment. So with further ado, here is all the latest news headlines in one very handy bulletin-style summary:
1. First up, today is awesome not only because it's Friday but because we have not one, but two pieces of Beyonce news. Yes, two.
In addition to being British Vogue's latest cover girl, B has been busy recording a cover of Amy Winehouse's iconic Black to Back for The Great Gatsby soundtrack. Described as a "different take" on the original, you can hear a snippet of it in this newly-released trailer below.
P.S. Could this film be any more lavish?
2. The Beyonce news doesn't stop there. As we mentioned back in December, Knowles signed a deal reportedly worth $50 million to continue as the face of Pepsi. No small change. Well, now it's time to check out the TV ad which sees her dance along with several of her past music video personas, including those from Bootylicious, Sasha Fierce, Crazy In Love and Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It). Brilliant.
3. Okay, enough Beyonce talk for now. Also on our radar today is the Duchess of Cambridge, who stepped out in a blue tartan coat while touring Glasgow yesterday. Now five months pregnant, Kate visited the Emirates Arena, one of the venues of the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Her Scottish ensemble was from Moloh, a British family-run design company. [Telegraph UK]
4. Speaking of all things Scottish, Sophie Dahl has teamed up with cashmere brand Brora to create a capsule collection. The model/TV cook/author helps to celebrate the label's 20th anniversary by launching The Lost Weekend, a range of 13 pieces including an oversized cardigan, girlie dresses, and silk camisole. [Telegraph UK]
5. Did you know that Florence Welch has created her own jewellery line? Don't worry us neither. The songstress has recently opened an online boutique accessories store called Flotique. The small collection of pieces include long dangly chain earrings, which feature geometric shapes such as triangles and circles, a birdcage style ring, and an abstract metal cuff. Time for a browse? [Refinery29]
6. It probably comes as little surprise but Georgia May Jagger has dreams of becoming a Victoria's Secret model. (Haven't we all love?) "I feel like Victoria's Secret is more of a woman thing. You see the models and they're all like Amazon women, with boobs, and when you're younger you don't feel that could be you. But I'd like to do it in the future." Once again, who wouldn't? [Vogue UK]
7. Proving she is no longer a "little pig," Ireland Baldwin has just unveiled her first modelling gig. Now 17, the budding model chose to do her first photo shoot for the New York Post, a publication which her dad Alec Baldwin got into an altercation with last year. Coincidence or not? [Fashionista]