Marc Jacobs makes his film debut, plus did Kate Middleton let the cat out of the bag?
Welcome to another day and another roundup of what's making fashion news headlines:
- The trailer for Marc Jacobs' debut film, Disconnect, has been released (watch, below) and I have to say I'm kinda digging it. Also starring Jason Bateman and Alexander Skarsgard, Jacobs plays a sleazy porn baron who controls a web chat prostitution ring. Hmm, a bit of a departure then. As for his least favourite part of the experience - having to wear dad jeans, apparently. Tough gig! [Elle UK]
- The British press are having kittens this morning over reports that Kate Middleton has let slip the sex of her baby. While visiting Grismby yesterday, the Duchess of Cambridge was overheard telling one well-wisher that she is having a girl. A member of the crowd said: 'The lady next to me gave her a teddy bear and I distinctly heard her say "Thank you, I will take that for my d....".
'Then she stopped herself. I leant over and said to her: "You were going to say daughter, weren't you?" She said: "No, we don't know!" I said: "Oh, I think you do" to which she replied: "We're not telling!" Oh the secrecy of it all. How will we survive not knowing goshdarnit? [Daily Mail]
- Forever 21 have announced Sky Ferreira as their latest campaign muse. If you're wondering who Sky is then you're not alone. She is an uber-cool, uber-blonde LA singer/model, who now fronts the brand's 2013 capsule festival collection. The 85-piece range features dip-dye denim, lace, studs, and crochet - everything you need for a music festival, right? It will hit stores March 14 ahead of Coachella which is nifty. [WWD]
- Mango has issued an apology after it named a necklace and bracelet 'estilo esclavo,' which means 'slave style' in English. The company has since changed the name and released a statement saying, 'we [do] not under any circumstances want to
cause offence to anyone and has now made the appropriate modifications.' Dramz, deary me. [CocoPerez]
- Despite what many may assume, Taylor Swift has just as many fears about ending up a lonely, horrible witch with no one but her cat Meredith to keep her company. [Erm, isn't she only like 22 or something?] She told a reporter: 'My fears circle around me making the wrong choices and messing this up for myself. I don't wanna end up being awful and intolerable. Alone. Laying in a marble bathtub by myself, like sad, with a glass of wine just complaining that my life ended up alone because I pushed everyone away because I thought I was too good to hang out with anybody.' Wow, depressing stuff. Hey Tays - maybe you should stick to writing about exes and stuff. [InStyle UK]
- In two pieces of Kate Moss news today, last night she stepped out in a bizarre sheer diamante full body suit and bum-cheek-grazing black blazer for the launch of CR Fashion Book issue two in Paris. Fierce or fail? You tell us. [Daily Mail]
- Kate has also recently teamed up with Terry Richardson for a series of black-and-white shots in which she is photographed smoking while wearing a oversized leopard print coat. How very Moss! [CocoPerez]