Lena Dunham's new gig, Emma Watson strips down for new role and more!
It's a brand new day which means more fashiony stories that have flooded our RSS reader overnight. Here's what's got us talking today...
- Lena Dunham has directed a new short film called 'BFF' for Rachel Antonoff. The four-minute flick showcases the designer's autumn collection and stars Dunham's little sister Grace in the leading role. For anyone who doesn't read the tabloids, you may not know that in addition to being good pals, Dunham is also currently dating Antonoff's brother. Coinkidink? [Fashionista]
- Goodbye Hermoine, hello Nicki! Emma Watson has stripped down to her bra for her new role in the film, The Bling Ring. The 22-year-old plays the ringleader in a gang of privilidged teens who stole from Hollywood's elite in this true story tale directed by Sofia Coppola. Although I'd hardly call this a provocative role, it's certainly a bit of a change from old Potter. [Daily Mail]
- Tina Turner has pulled one out of the bag by posing for the cover of Vogue Germany. It is the 73-year-old's first-ever Vogue cover which makes it all the more awesome. Go Teens! [Jezebel]
- Harrods is joining forces with Dior to bring you a month-long collaboration which kicks off this week. Dior will take over the department store by hosting several pop-ups, featuring never-before-seen exhibitions, displays and plenty of exclusive products. The Dior at Harrods invasion will run from March 16 to April 14. Like you needed another reason to hit the shops, eh? [WWD]
- Marc Jacobs' Diet Coke ads have been unveiled and funnily enough this time he has managed to keep his kit on. In fact, he's kept his kilt on. I know, I'm shocked too. [WWD]
- Is Kate Upton really headed for her first US Vogue cover? Whispers have been circulating for a while, but then I suppose after gracing the covers for Vogue Italia and British Vogue, it wouldn't come as too much of a surprise if she landed Wintour's June cover. Now would it? [Fashionista]
- In case you missed the memo, Kate Middleton does actually follow royal protocol by paying for her clothes. This could perhaps explain her love of re-wearing the same outfits, which, let's face it is the way most of us commoners do it. Humph! But nevertheless, Kate Hooker (one of the Duchess' go-to designers) has decided to clear up the rumours once and for all by saying: "She doesn't take free clothes, and I've heard that from other people
who sent her things. She always comes to the
shop, which is nice. And we've sent her a few things when she didn't
have time to come in." Naww. [HuffPo]