Galliano vs Dior heads to Appeals Court, Kate Moss reads 50 Shades of Grey
We have rounded up the latest fashion news for your reading pleasure:
- Kate Moss made a rare appearance on radio this morning, where she read out a passage from 50 Shades of Grey after listeners of Radio One pledged over £200,000 to Comic Relief in order to hear the supermodel speak. Listen below!
- The Galliano vs Dior case is heating up with the designer's lawyer confirming that it has moved to the Court of Appeal in Paris. A hearing is scheduled for October 24, with Galliano taking legal action against his former employers after he was dismissed in March 2011 for making anti-Semitic remarks at a Paris cafe. It is understood he is now seeking damages in the range of 6 million euros. Jeepers! [WWD]
- Meanwhile things are only go from strength-to-strength for Anna Wintour. The US Vogue editor has accepted an additional role of artistic director at Conde Nast. She will still stay on as Vogue editor, and just assume some new responsibilities. Uh-huh, this woman is a machine. [NY Times]
- Still on US Vogue for a minute, Michelle Obama has landed the mag's April cover. Photographed by Annie Leibovitz in the White House's Red Room, the First Lady wears a blue sleeveless dress by Reed Krakoff. Stylish! [Vogue US]
- Hilary Alexander has joined Marks & Spencer as a fashion consultant for their Per Una brand. Her role will include a her own edit of key looks, and a weekly 'Ask Hilary' column on the M&S website. [Press release]
- For her latest Chanel campaign, Alice Dellal has saddled up and climbed on a horse. Yes, I said horse! The British model appears in the black-and-white ads, alongside male model Jake White, to promote Chanel's Boy bag line. [Telegraph UK]
- Leslie Fremar, stylist to Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon and Julianne Moore, has been named Hollywood's most powerful stylist knocking off Rachel Zoe, who came in at third. Petra Flannery, who styles Emma Stone and Mila Kunis, was runner up. Interestingly newcomer Joseph Cassell, who is responsible for Taylor Swift's transformation from country princess to tea dress wearer/red carpet bombshell, ranked 13th on the list. Something tells me he's got a future, would you agree? [Daily Mail]
- Speaking of Taylor Swift, the songbird has unveiled the music video for her latest single, 22. Enlisting the help of a group of girlfriends to dance around, bounce on trampolines and to just generally have fun, the clip sees Tay wearing a very similar beanie/jumper style favoured by her ex-boyfriend Harry Styles while she sings about heartbreak. Hmm... then again, perhaps we're all just reading into it a bit too much. Why don't you see for yourself...
And here's Kate reading 50 Shades of Grey...