New York Fashion Week AW13 kicks off, plus more on Marchesa's new line
We are rounding out the long work week with your daily dose of fashion news.
- Richard Chai Love kicked off the Autumn/Winter 2013 season of New York Fashion Week yesterday. The designer presented a mostly moody grey collection featuring plaid, abstract floral print and bulky outwear. Stay tuned for our special coverage of NYFW! [WWD]
- In other NYFW news, Marc Jacobs has postponed his catwalk show to Valentine's Day on Thursday February 14 at 8pm. Before the questions can begin, the company have said they are are suffering from late deliveries. They said they are also aware that the change to the schedule could affect guests who need to travel to London Fashion Week. [The Cut]
- The lovely ladies over at Marchesa celebrated the start of NYFW by revealing further details of their forthcoming, lower-priced line. Called Marchesa Voyage, Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman will soon release pieces priced between $150 to $750 (that almost sounds affordable, squee!) Set to launch in late 2013, the line will comprise of shift dresses, silk tops, harem pants, collarless jackets and embellished shoes. Sound the bell! [Fashionologie]
- Check out the second campaign starring Georgia May Jagger for Madonna and Lourdes' fashion line, Material Girl. [Grazia UK]
- A giant sparkler clinging to the finger of Lana Del Rey has sparked rumours that she and her boyfriend, Barrie-James O'Neill, are engaged. So are they? [E! News]
- Now for some sad news. Despite earlier reports claiming that she was, Beyonce is not going to perform at this year's Brit Awards, held later this month. Sob! [Vogue UK]