Eva Mendes turns designer, and Topshop partners with Google for LFW
There is a tonne of fashion news filling up my inbox this morning. So let's crack on, shall we?
- Eva Mendes is the latest actress to announce that she is launching her own fashion line. The face of Calvin Klein underwear has teamed up with New York & Co. to create a line called, Eva by Eva Mendes (hmm, original). Consisting mostly of dresses and accessories, the collection is set to include lots of print and colour. As if having Ryan Gosling as your boyfriend wasn't awesome enough. [WWD]
- Those clever Topshop folks are gearing up for a big London Fashion Week thanks to a new partnership with Google. Now you can watch the catwalk show, held on Sunday February 17, from every angle imaginable! See a video preview, below. [Supplied]
- BBC's Radio 4 has released their first-ever Power List of the top 100 most powerful women in the UK. Amongst those named are five of fashion's most recognised faces. They include Stella McCartney, Victoria Beckham, Vogue's Alexandra Shulman, Natalie Massenet, and making it into the top 20 is Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry. Not shabby at all.[BBC]
- Buxom beauty, Kate Upton, is the new face of Accessorize. The 20-year-old model stars in the brand's spring/summer 2013 campaign, which was photographed on the gorgeous sandy beaches of Barbados. In other words, it is another excuse to photograph Upton in skimpy bikinis. Er, accessories? What accessories? [Daily Mail]
- Look out Lindsay Lohan, Helena Bonham Carter is one step behind you! Just like Lilo (only I suspect much, much better) the British actress is set to play Elizabeth Taylor in the upcoming BBC4 film drama, Burton and Taylor. As you probably already guessed, the film centres on the turbulent relationship between Taylor and Richard Burton when they both starred in a play in 1983. It is slated to air in autumn 2013. [Vogue UK]
- There are further woes for Kate Middleton after Italian magazine, Chi, published photos of her while pregnant and wearing a supposed "skimpy bikini." Over the weekend the Mirror reported that paparazzi were shopping around photos of the Duchess taken during her recent babymoon. It is no surprise then that Chi were the tabloid to take the bait and pay a reported $400,000 to publish them. After all they are the same magazine that released a controversial 26-page spread of Kate sunbathing topless last year. Poor form! [The Cut]