Join us for a Twitter party with Alice Temperley
We're very excited to announce that at lunchtime on Tuesday we will be co-hosting a twitter party with designer Alice Temperley and Coco's Tea Party on behalf of John Lewis. And you're all invited!
The party is a chance to find out more about the bestselling Somerset by Temperley line sold in John Lewis stores, and to quiz Alice on all things stylish.
Anyone can join in and put their fashion questions to Alice using the #askAlice hashtag - not only will you get personalised advice from one of the UK's most famous fashion designers, there'll also be a chance to win some gorgeous Somerset by Temperley prizes.
John Lewis Terms & Conditions for #askAlice Twitter Party
1. The Prize Competition is only open to UK residents, excluding residents of Northern Ireland, aged 18 years or over, who are following @johnlewisretail on Twitter, excluding employees of the Promoter or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. To take part in the Prize Competition, go to www.twitter.com/johnlewisretail, follow the Twitter feed and send a tweet to Alice including the #askAlice hashtag.
3. The competition will be open from 1pm (BST) Tuesday 9th October and will run until 2pm (BST) Tuesday 9th October (the "Promotion Period"). Any entries outside of the Promotion Period will not be counted.
4. 4 overall prize winners will be chosen at random from all validly submitted entries on Tuesday 9th October.
5. The Prize: The winners of the Prize Competition will each receive a Somerset by Alice Temperley Forest Animal Print Wool Blend Scarf, Black / Red or a Somerset by Alice Temperley Forest Animal Print Wool Blend Scarf, Black / Neutrals worth £49.
6. All prize winners will be contacted via Twitter direct message by 5:00 pm (BST) Thursday 11th October.
7. The Prizes will be sent at the promoter's expense by post to the winners following such notification.
8. Winners must respond to notification of their prize within 48 hours otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize(s).
9. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computers will be accepted for the Prize Competition.
10. Proof of submitting your entry is not proof of receipt of an entry by the Promoter. The Promoter is not responsible for any entries that fail to be submitted for any technical reason whatsoever. Entries submitted by any other means will be rejected. The Promoter can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries which are corrupt or incomplete. Any entries containing offensive or inappropriate content will be rejected.
11. No cash or other alternative in part or full will be offered in lieu of the specified prizes. Prizes are not transferable.
12. By entering participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
13. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or lack of availability of sufficient Somerset by Alice Temperley scarves, the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond its control.
15. The Promoter's decision is binding in all matters.
16. By entering the competition you agree that John Lewis can use the tweet and your Twitter account details without restriction to feature in any media throughout the world (including to advertise the competition and for future promotions of the Promoter, advertising and marketing campaigns). You agree that John Lewis has the right to adapt your entry (including editing, deleting, copying etc.) and to transfer your entry to different media formats.
17. The Promoter will never release your personal details to any company outside of the John Lewis Partnership for mailing or marketing purposes. By participating in the prize draw you agree that the Promoter and any other company within the John Lewis Partnership may use and store your personal details in England, Scotland, Wales, Guernsey or Jersey in the course of running the prize draw, as set out in these terms and conditions, for related purposes such as promoting the prize draw and announcing and publicising the winner and advertising products offered for sale by the John Lewis Partnership, subject to compliance with applicable data protection laws.
18. There will be no limit on the number of tweets per Twitter account.
19. A list of winners (name and county) will be made available for 3 months from the closing date of the Promotion on request to those enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope to John Lewis PLC, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN, United Kingdom.
20. These rules are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this contest and bears no responsibility or liability for the administration, operation, judging, or conduct of the contest, or for the fulfilment of Prizes associated with this promotion.
22. Promoter & Data Controller: John Lewis PLC, 171 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 5NN, United Kingdom.