Autumn/Winter's berry-tastic bonanza! Shop CQ's top berry red picks now
The jewel tone trend passed me by last year, but this season I appear to have developed an obsession for berry reds. It started with a little linger on dark red pages as I thumbed the fashion mags or a pause as I passed the new in section delightfully punctuated with berry tones at H&M, but today I found myself actually typing 'berry', 'wine red' and 'cherry' into the search bars of various online fashion stores in my pursuit for a new season wardrobe.
Tipped to be the new black (that said, berry looks amazing with black), berry is the must-have colour of the season. I'm actually pretty shocked I missed it last time. Worn with monochrome for a super chic and super smart work wardrobe, gold accessories for an uber glam evening look and denim or black for a more casual daytime take, berry or dark red is versatile as well as on-trend.
In the selection below chosen my favourite berry coloured fashion picks to take you straight through to the next season. Basically, I've published my shopping list.
1. L.K.Bennett Patent Red Shoulder Bag £275
2. New Look Dark Red Pencil Skirt £14.99
3. Coast Berry Red Oversized Clutch Bag £45
4. All Saints Plum Tee Dress £80
5. All Saints Oxblood Red Chunky Heel Ankle Boots £250
6. Alexander McQueen De Manta Leather Cosmetics Case (could also be used as a clutch) £260
7. French Connection Short Sleeved Dark Red Jumper £67
8. Dorothy Perkins Berry Swallow Print Peplum Dress £39.50
9. Oasis Wine Red Lace Maxi Dress £80
10. Topshop Burgundy Velvet Playsuit £45
11. Warehouse Dark Red Coat £85
12. Draw In Light Red Velvet Heart Dress £322
13. Marks and Spencer Dark Red Peplum Shift Dress £39.50
14. Topshop Wine Red Socks £3.50
15. Wallis Berry Coated Skinny Jeans £32
16. Miss Selfridge Acid Berry Jeans £40
17. Dorothy Perkins Berry Snake Detail Boots £45