Scottish Fashion Awards 2012 winners: Christopher Kane, Tali Lennox & more!
The fashion stars of Scotland converged on the red carpet at the 2012 Scottish Fashion Awards in Glasgow overnight. This year the ceremony was hosted by Alexa Chung, who presented the seventh annual Scottish Fashion Awards at the Clyde Auditorium.
Leading the winners was Christopher Kane, who was named Scottish Fashion Designer of the Year who beat out two-time winner Jonathan Saunders for the top prize. "I am extremely proud and grateful to receive my award. Scotland has such a wealth of great fashion talent from design through to production and the heritage is something that we should all be proud of," he said.
In the model category, Tali Lennox daughter of Annie Lennox, took out the gong for Scottish Model of the Year. It was the second consecutive award for Lennox, who looked breath-taking in a floor-length Nicholas Oakwell gown. Meanwhile supermodel Stella Tennant was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Made In Chelsea's Millie Mackintosh in Supertrash.
- Scottish Designer of the Year - sponsored by Instyle - CHRISTOPHER KANE
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year - sponsored by The Scottish Fashion Council - HAYLEY SCANLAN
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year - sponsored by House of Fraser - DASHING TWEEDS
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year - sponsored by Swarovski - WILLIAM CHAMBERS
- Scottish Fashion Icon - sponsored by Captial FM - KAREN GILLAN
- Scottish Communicator of the Year - sponsored by Glasgow Airport - FAYE MCLEOD
- Scottish Model of the Year - sponsored by Radley London - TALI LENNOX
- Scottish Retailer of the Year - sponsored by Braehead - SHHH-OOHS (Luxury Shoe Retailer Edinburgh)
- Scottish Fashion Photographer - sponsored by The Herald and Times Group - JONATHAN DANIEL PRYCE
- Scotland's New Face - sponsored by Smart of Glasgow - KERRY O'MAY
- Scottish Graduate of the Year - sponsored by Marks & Spencer - JOANNE MCGILLIVARY FROM HERRIOT WATT. DAVID BLACK WAS ALSO AWARDED A HIGHLY COMMENDED CERTIFICATE
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric) - sponsored by Toni & Guy - Mulberry
- Scottish Fashion Innovator - sponsored by bareMinerals - BRIAN RENNIE - Creative Managing Director of Basler
- Fashion Ambassador - sponsored by Mercedes-Benz West of Scotland - COLIN MCDOWELL MBE
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2012 - sponsored by Hartmann Media - STELLA TENNANT