A fashion editor's typical Fashion Week - the stats
So as we all know Fashion Week is a week of excess and extremes. From too many miles in heels to living off a diet of canapés and champagne, it's a tough life, but someone has to do it. Right?
It started off with the desire to keep a tally of exactly how many miles I did walk in heels, but as I set off, pedometer strapped to my uber fashwan waist belt, my geeky obsession for stats got the better of me. Before I knew it I found myself making a note of everything I could think of Fashion Week related.
If you're a closet number nerd like me I'm sure you'll appreciate the figures below:
- 19.74 miles walked in heels
- 3 packets of blister plasters
- 14 glasses or 2.1 litres of champagne consumed
- 8 outfit changes
- 8 hours in front of the mirror getting ready
- 48 air kisses with fashionistas
- 18 Vitamin Waters
- 100s of very teeny fashion canapés eaten (to be honest I lost count as 3 would constitute a mouthful)
- 19 miniature yappy dogs spotted (8 of these were Radley's very cute Scottie dogs)
- Over £250s worth of free beauty products acquired in goodie bags (not that I'm complaining, but seriously how many lip balms and hair sprays does a girl need?)
- 62 shows attended by Team Catwalk Queen.
- 2 members of the editorial staff down with Fashion Flu
- 3 days to recover.