Be The Next Catwalk Queen
Modelling competitions are all over the place at the moment. I blame Tyra Banks and her super-successful America's Next Top Model. Even Britain's Next Top Model (which last season was more like a reality show than a modelling competition) is coming back later in the year for a second season, this time with Lisa Snowdon at the helm. Hopefully this time the girls won't be forced to get naked in cold showers and eat ice cream while moaning orgasmically, and will do more decent shoots instead.
I get sent emails about modelling competitions quite frequently (well, this site is called Catwalk Queen) but I thought the latest one was worth a mention. It's being run to celebrate the launch of the new FreshLook® ONE-DAY daily disposable coloured contact lenses, and the winner will become the 'face' of the product in a big advertising campaign, as well as getting a contract with Naomi Campbell's modelling agency - Premier - and taking part in a photoshoot worth £1000 with a professional photographer - a great way to start off that portfolio.
Entries can be submitted by post, online or text by 31st October 2006. Potential models can also pop into their local optician for an entry form. Regional finals will be held in London and Manchester in November.
- To enter, send a recent photograph of yourself (either a head shot or full length) with a self-addressed envelope to FreshLook Competition, PO BOX 49, 28-31 High Street, Wimbledon Village, London, SW19 5AT or text your photograph to 07738 008 888
- Entrants must be aged 16 to 26 years, inclusive and a minimum height of 5ft 8inches
- The first 1,000 entries received will be sent a FreshLook ONE-DAY lip balm
- All entries short-listed will be required to provide a recent full length colour photograph
- FreshLook ONE-DAY colour contact lenses are available from all leading opticians
- For a full list of entry terms and conditions, log on to www.freshlookcontacts.co.uk